October 8th Is Canyon Chipper Day
Start your saws and sharpen your pruning shears. On Monday, October 8 we’ll have chipper crews from the Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands and United Fire Authority in the canyon to process brush and tree limbs. Any material up to 12 inches in diameter that we clear from our properties and pile at the roadside edge will be chipped and left onsite for re-use as mulch—at no cost to you or the township. Don’t miss this opportunity to reduce the volume of potential wildfire fuels around your home.
If you want to participate (and we hope you will):
- Have your brush piled by the roadside (main road or any secondary canyon road) by the morning of October 8. We won’t be able to service driveways.
- Stack your brush in a single direction so the pile is easy to unload.
- Be careful to not obstruct road shoulders or bike lanes.
- To be sure we don’t miss your pile, please email your street address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware that we’ll be leaving all chips in place. This free service doesn’t include disposal.
If necessary, we’ll schedule additional crew time, so don’t be concerned if we don’t get to you on day one. And if our chipper crews are called away on firefighting duty, we’ll reschedule and notify everyone by email.
Questions? Call Bill Tobey, Firewise Coordinator, Emigration Canyon Community Council, 801-582-0474.
Let the fuel reduction begin!